Thursday

A FIRST HAND ACCOUNT OF THE CARNAGE

dear readers,

It has been quite some time since I been able to log into my account... we shall not query why.. I was able to mail things into the blog but finally, have it straightened out.

This blog and my website at www.duckdaotsu.org were started as an act of editing out the crap and working 10 hours a day / 7 days a week to give the world another perspective on the war and on military service in general. My immediate response to this illegal war was to assist in getting information out to those who resisted. COURAGE TO RESIST is the site to find all of the information that is current on the situation with Canada.. and has great resources for all.

I spend many many hours taking each photo of each "confirmed" soldier who has died in this war and posting on one page, postage stamp sized pictures, ten to a column, the rows would not stop. I knew their names I was their faces. I showed where they came from and how old they were when their lives were taken by this greed-driven illegal war.

The page got a great deal of interest. It was seen and has been copied in many languages. But after the rows got longer and longer, the pictures got more and more difficult to add to the page. I spent the day in tears and the night dreaming of their faces, wondering about their families. I had to stop.

The pages are at www.duckdaotsu.org/rows.html and that page will show the link to the entire project. It remains unfinished. I will finish it after I am done with my next step in protesting the militarization of our youth and the lies that the recruiters tell when signing your sons or daughters into "a college education while serving your country."

I have just read a very important post on a blog that should be see and should be bookmarked. My first stop was http://x-wire.blogspot.com/2007/12/incoming-rpgied-attack-aftermath-band.html ... and since that URL may be cut, I have taken the liberty to use "tiny url" so that you cannot miss it. http://preview.tinyurl.com/yp5gcz

We must all tell our stories. Some can be told on this forum. Some cannot.

I URGE YOU TO READ THE STORY FROM ONE WHO HAS RETURNED FROM THAT HELL.

PLEASE RESPECT our right to report. There are many many perspectives of war... this veteran can show you his.

No comments: