Tuesday

FEMINIST OUTRAGE AGREED AND POSTED

Dear Conscious People;

There is an article about poverty by a white male headlining on
Dissidentvoice.org, and infoshop.org/inews right now that has in its first
paragraph, "If you are blonde, sit near me" in the middle of his
complaining about poverty! Highly alerted by such language, I wrote the
editors of both sites posting it, and was told I am too "politically
correct" by Chuck who runs infoshop.org and my comment re this was deleted
as "trollbait" off the actual article. Chuck said I was just being
"politically correct" and implied it was inappropriate and defended this
article as just aother poor person's view,implying I should just respect
it. Well, I am no idiot. I wrote the author. His response to what that
means is:

"It means I like blonde pussy. Regards, Joe Bageant"

Wow. I have to raise issue with this. I am considered blonde by many. So I
need to be reduced to a blonde pussy, while this man and male editors
pretend we are in alliance on poverty issues? I write A LOT on poverty and
I AM NOT in alignment with this Joe Bargeant. I will argue that if women
must endure sexism to fight against poverty, that is wrong. This man has
said he wants women as meat, as his sex niggers, basically...but he is mad
he is called white trash. This is sick shit, people. I do NOT support it.
See Joe's email and mine below. This confirms for me how far we need to
go. I REFUSE TO LET MEN REDUCE ME TO PUSSY WHILE THEY CLAIM THEY ARE
WORKING FOR POVERTY RIGHTS. POVERTY AFFECTS A LOT OF PUSSY! And this man
has one hell of a lot of nerve. As do the male editors who posted that
without noticing the implicit sexist or racist implications in that line,
like I did. WHICH IS WHY I IMPLORE YOU ALL TO START SUPPORTING WOMEN
WRITERS WITH MONEY as we need to REPLACE the almost ALL MALE EDITOR POOL
in alternative media and women cannot do it with zero money. The FACT that
almost all indy media is controlled by male editors is well-reflected in
this scene where I picked up on a creep saying he wanted blonde pussy in
his first line of a poverty article, where male editors thought this guy
was some great poverty activist, but I was not fooled. I knew right off
the bat something was wrong. Perhaps since I have suffered sexism and the
male editors have not.

Men who degrade women's body parts as part of their activism should be
ostracized in my opinion. I do not WANT to work by this man. I WILL NOT
work with this man, nor will I support his work. Working for poverty
rights includes respecting women which this man obviously does not. I have
NEVER written an article about poverty asking for a men with 10 inch dicks
to sit near me. I find this to be absolutely appalling and I find his
response to be unbelievable. Let's keep this guy's name in our memory, he
is a PROBLEM writer. He is NOT an ally of the poor, or "pussy." It is a
nightmare being a feminist writer in this male world!

Thank you,
Kirsten Anderberg


---------- Forwarded Message ----------

Return-Path:
Received: from mx12.nyc.untd.com (mx12.nyc.untd.com [10.140.24.72])
by maildeliver08.nyc.untd.com with SMTP id AABBBYCTTAF3WF8A
for (sender );
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 02:32:17 -0800 (PST)


It means I like blonde pussy.

Regards,
Joe Bageant


"sheelanagig@juno.com" wrote:

>
>Authored by: kirstenanderberg on Monday, February 21 2005 @ 07:21 PM PST
>
>Re your infoshop article -
>
>This line concerns me -
>"in which case I say, “Come sit by me comrade! (Especially if you are a
blonde.)"
>
>What is that about? At first I thought that could work if this was a
person of color, saying a blonde should sit near them to learn, assuming
the blonde would mean white. But as I read on, this author is saying he
is called "white trash." So I am back to wondering what the blonde
statement means. And most blondes appear to be dyed blonde, so what is
this about again?
>
>What DOES it mean? Is it sexism? Saying pretty blonde women, sit near me?
Or just what DOES it mean? I am lost. I like poverty articles, but not
with a red flag out front like saying "blondes, sit near me' with no
explanation!
>
>Kirsten Anderberg
>www.kirstenanderberg.com
>

--
You can receive Kirsten's articles, as they are written, via an email list
called "Eat the Press." Go to http://lists.riseup.net/www/info/eatthepress
to join the list.




.

No comments: