Sunday

RIP ODB

RIP to the ODB

big baby jesus of the bataille beats
he was an Artaud from the ghetto
Artaud from the ghetto
Artaud from the ghetto

who saw himself as Creeper from The Dolemite,
my favourite character from my favourite Rudy Ray Moore movie,
there's guys like him in every inner city
a guy whose years of crack and no food and shelter
have blossomed into a shaky walk and barely comprehensible slur of words

yes they're poets too

if i ever go back to school, it will be to do a Phd on ODB, to be Dr.
Dirty. Dirt McGirt, Ol' Dirty Bastard, you helped me feel good about
being dirty, and I cried when I learned of your passing. From one
over-medicated lunatic artist to another, you rocked the house.

peace out to the dirtiest muthafucka that ever lived.

there will never be a hype-man more hype.

surrealism shouldn't be a cottage industry, leave it for the mad ones.



- Neil M Hennesey

nmh

No comments: